Jump to Navigation

Working Hard Each Day For
Your Immigration Needs

Consular Processing

Consular Processing Attorneys in the United States and Canada

Helping Clients From Around the World With Consular Processing

When you want to obtain a United States visa or green card — or even simply travel to the United States — and you are outside of the U.S., you must go through an application process at the U.S. consulate office in your country. Every single consulate in the world has a different procedure. At NPZ Law Group, we advise clients from any country in the world who are going through consular processing. We help clients determine what they have to do in their country of residence in order to visit or immigrate to the United States.

NPZ Law Group: Global Mobility Attorneys
Call Toll Free: 866-599-3625
Questions about immigration from India? Visit our sister site at www.visaserve-immigrationsusa.com.

Consular Processing occurs in two situations:

  • Nonimmigrant Consular Processing: At many U.S. embassies and consulates, individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa must use the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visas Electronic Application. Most importantly, you need to prove that you have a residence outside of the United States and that you do not intend to permanently leave that residence.
  • Immigrant Consular Processing: Individuals outside of the U.S. who wish to immigrate to the U.S. should go to their U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for an immigrant visa (U.S. green card).

For an official list of the U.S. embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions around the world, please visit www.usembassy.gov.

Consular processing is usually quicker than the adjustment of status process in the United States, but there are some risks. For example, your attorney may not be allowed to attend your immigrant visa interview at the consulate. Speak with an attorney to learn the best options for your particular situation.

From our offices in Ridgewood, New Jersey, we help clients throughout the world with consular processing. To speak with a respected immigration lawyer, please contact NPZ Law Group by e-mail, or call 201-670-0006.

Click here to view: U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez Video on the Visa Application Process.

How Can We Help?

Our staff of immigration law professionals are sensitive to the needs of our clients and the members of their families. We can clearly explain the immigration process in Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Tamil, Hindi, Slovak, Czech, Russian, Chinese, German and English.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Informational Resources

Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletters [E-Zine]
QR Code