Jump to Navigation

Working Hard Each Day For
Your Immigration Needs

I - Foreign Media Representatives

The I nonimmigrant visa category is available to an individual coming to the United States to perform services as a foreign media representative. Specifically, the statute provides that:

Upon the basis of reciprocity, an alien who is a bona fide representative of [the] foreign press, radio, film, or other foreign information media, who seeks to enter the United States solely to engage in such vocation, and the spouse and children of such a representative if accompanying or following to join him [her]. INA Section 101(a)(15)(I), 8 USC 1101(a)(15)(I).

The I nonimmigrant is granted a visa for the duration of his/her status. Application for the I nonimmigrant visa may be made directly to the U.S. Consulate Office abroad or a foreign national who is already in the United States, in a different nonimmigrant category, can petition the USCIS for I nonimmigrant visa status on Form I-539.


How Can We Help?

Our staff of immigration law professionals are sensitive to the needs of our clients and the members of their families. We can clearly explain the immigration process in Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Tamil, Hindi, Slovak, Czech, Russian, Chinese, German and English.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Informational Resources

Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletters [E-Zine]
QR Code