HOT TOPICS IN FAMILY IMMIGRATION LAW PRACTICE
U.S. Immigration Law promotes family unification and allows permanent residents and U.S. citizens to sponsor relatives to come to the U.S. with green cards. There are different categories for different relatives. Citizens can bring a wider net of family members than can permanent residents. The process of bringing a relative to the United States is complicated and can sometimes take several years. Our informative program will review the basics of family immigration, including how marriage cases are handled.
The program will also bring you up to date on some of important developments in this area, including an update on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) applications and a discussion about the likely impact of reform measures on family based immigration.
Where: New Jersey Law Center
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, New Jersey
When: January 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM to 12:30PM
CONSULAR PROCESSING FOR EXPERTS.
Registration Deadline: November 25, 2013
- Second Phone Session on November 27 - Non-immigrant Visa Processing
- Third Phone Session on December 26 - Immigrant Visa Consular Processing
JOIN US FOR "ENGLISH VINGLISH" - SAVE THE DATE FOR THIS UPCOMINGEVENT IN NOVMBER: BOLLYWOOD COMES TO TEANECK, NEW JERSEY!!!
Film Screening Location:
Time: 1:00 PM
Date: Sunday, November 17th, 2013
Where: Teaneck Cinemas
503 Cedar Lane
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(Check it out at http://www.teaneckfilmfestival.org)
The Image of Immigration Enforcement
A newly proposed immigration bill is being bandied about in Congress. One part of it has to do with the legalization of 11 million undocumented workers in the U.S. For this to happen there are objective metrics for increased enforcement against U.S. employers with regards to Form I-9 compliance and the mandated use of E-Verify. This program will review the proposed changes and updates to the U.S. immigration laws including employer compliance issues that may result in significant liabilities to companies if HR Managers do not continue to be vigilant.
David H. Nachman, Esq.
Where: Atlantic City convention Center
1 Convention Blvd. Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
When: October 28, 2013
Time: 10:15 AM
Key Immigration Law Issues Every Attorney Needs to Know
When: August 16, 2013
Time: 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Where: Borgata, Atlantic City, New Jersey
Enhance Your Knowledge of Immigration Practice & Procedure, including:
- Advising employers to properly complete Employment eligibility Verification form I-9
- Advising employers to avoid immigration penalties
- Representing aliens in municipal court
- Obtaining immigration status through marriage
- Avoiding adverse immigration consequences for your client in divorce proceedings
- Advising a client before signing an affidavit of support as sponsor for immigration status
- How adoptions can provide for legal immigration status
- How to get legal status for an abandoned child without adoption
- Current provisions for deferred action for childhood arrivals
- Prospects Analysis of Comprehensive Immigration Reform
When: June 17, 2013
New Jersey Law Center
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Learn what you need to know to handle Immigration cases, including:
Nonimmigrant & Immigrant Business Visas
Immigration and Crimes
Asylum and Immigration Courts
IRCA/E-Verify and Social Security Mismatch
Deferred Action and Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Traditional Waivers and New Provisional Waivers (I-601 and I-601A)
Meaning of Lawful Presence, Lawful Status, Adjustment of Status and Lawful Residence
GOPIO-CT in Partnership with NPZ Law Group presents - U.S. Immigration Seminar on June 9th, 2013 in Stamford, CT
U.S. Immigration Law Update - 2013
When: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:30PM (Lunch at 12:30 p.m. and Seminar at 1:30 p.m.)
Stamford Hampton Inn and Suites
26 Mill River Street, Stamford, CT 06902
ADMISSION - $25.00 (Includes Lunch)
Topic will include: NEW U.S. IMMIGRATION LAW DEVELOPMENTS - LAWYERS WILL DISCUSS H-1B ALTERNATIVES, STEM OPT, PROVISIONAL WAIVERS, ELECTRONIC I-94s, OBAMA'S IMMIGRATION REFORM, CONSULAR PROCESSING IN INDIA AND SO MUCH MORE...
MICHAEL PHULWANI, ESQ.
DAVID H. NACHMAN, ESQ.
OFFICER FROM THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, CITIZENSHIOP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES (INVITED)
USCIS I-9 Webinar Invitation for Employers
TOPIC TO BE DISCUSSED:
- Overview of the New form I-9 press
- Step-by-Step instruction on how to complete each section, retention and storage
Tri-Boro Community Transformation Presents: Community Immigration Clinic
When: Saturday April 20, 2013
Time: 12:30pm to 2:30pm
Unity Christian Reformed Church
339 North 11th St Prospect Park, NJ
- DREAM Act and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Updates
- Enforcement Initiatives by ICE
- Prospects For Immigration Reform: President Obama's Second Term
- Immigration Reform as a Grassroots Initiative of Religious, Social and Professional Groups
- Questions and Answers.
Provided By David Nachman, Esq. and Staff; NPZ Law Group, Offices in Ridgewood, New Jersey, New York City and Canada.
IMMIGRATION LAW UPDATE: Comprehensive Immigration Reform, I-9 Audits, Enforcement Against U.S. Employers and IMAGE
When: April 17th, 2013
Where: Hilton Parsippany, 1 Hilton Ct, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Time: 9:00 am to 12:00pm
President Obama is speaking about Immigration Reform as a priority in his 2nd term. The Senate is also proposing new legislation to address the possibility of creating a new status for the undocumented employed. One aspect of the Reform is an increase in ICE Enforcement. In light of increased government focus on enforcement, employers need to stay abreast of their ever-changing obligation with regard to hiring and I-9 Form retention and compliance.
Join us for an enlightening discussion with David Nachman, Esq. and 2 Representatives of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement(ICE) about:
- H-1B Non-Immigrant Visas: what employers need to know in the new enforcement and audit landscape;
- DACA: Deferred Action for Children Arrivals: DACA beneficiaries and reverification;
- Internal Enforcement: Form I-9 Audits/avoiding potential penalities; and
- E-Verify and IMAGE.
Speaker: David Nachman, Esq., Managing Attorney, Nachman Phulwani Zimovcak (NPZ) Law Group, Immigration and Nationality Law Lawyers.
Two(2) Representatives from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office in Newark, New Jersey.
$95 per person(EANJ Member)
$135 per person(Non-Member)
Program includes Continental Breakfast
Registration begins at 8:30am
Interested parties or organizations can email us at email@example.com
How Can We Help?
Our staff of immigration law professionals are sensitive to the needs of our clients and the members of their families. We can clearly explain the immigration process in Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Tamil, Hindi, Slovak, Czech, Russian, Chinese, German and English.
Bold labels are required.