I-9 Forms and Audits
I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Lawyers
The immigration law firm of NPZ Law Group, assists human resources professionals in connection with the implementation of employment verification programs or Form I-9 audits. Our services relating to employment eligibility verification include:
- Providing on-site training for human resources staff on the appropriate methodologies for filling out and retaining the I-9 Form
- Form I-9 verification and employer sanctions
- Audits and process development
- Immigration-related visa compliance issues for human resources professionals
- Counseling employees and employers on their rights under the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- Unfair immigration-related employment discrimination policies
- Prevailing wage compliance issues
- National origin and citizen discrimination complaints
- Social Security mismatch issues
- Immigration-related litigation
The number of I-9 audits are increasing. In just one day, 652 businesses nationwide were served with Notices of Inspection (NOIs) by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). They affect every employer, whether you have foreign nationals working for you or U.S. citizens.
Our immigration lawyers have been involved in a large number of I-9 audits over the last few years. We help companies comply with I-9 regulations by reviewing their procedures and conducting internal audits. We also represent businesses involved in ICE worksite enforcement investigations and raids.
ICE (AUDITS) IN THE SPRING AND SUMMER: When Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issues a Notice of Inspection (NOI).
When Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issues a Notice of Inspection (NOI) to audit a company's Employment Eligibility Verification forms (Form I-9 or I-9 form), the company will often panic and want to jump right into things. However, a careful response to an NOI can set the tone for the rest of the ICE audit process. This practice pointer is general in nature. It is important to note that an I-9 audit will be affected by a number of variables, such as the ICE office, the ICE officer who is assigned to the case, and local rules. Continue Reading....
"I-9 COMPLIANCE: NOW IN THE GOVERNMENT's CROSSHAIRS" by Kluger Healey, LLC
Contact NPZ Law Group
NPZ Law Group, was designated as a trainer for the U.S. Dept. of Justice by the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel for Unfair Immigration-Related Employment Practices (OSC).
No matter what your business needs in the area of corporate and business immigration law, the highly skilled professionals at NPZ Law Group, may be of assistance to you. To schedule a consultation, please feel free to contact NPZ Law Group by e-mail or call 201-670-0006.
Employment Verification and Employer Sanctions